Forums

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

No permission to create posts
sp_TopicIcon
Solo concert at the Philharmonie in Berlin on October 12, 2009
sp_BlogLink Read the original blog post
March 29, 2009
10:31 pm
Olivier Bruchez
Switzerland
Admin
Moderators

Members
Forum Posts: 308
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Thanks to all of those who contacted me about this these last few weeks! I guess the information is now more or less official, although the concert is not yet listed on the ECM Records Web site: Keith Jarrett will play a solo concert at the Philharmonie in Berlin on October 12, 2009. I don't know when or where the tickets will go on sale, but they might be available at some point from the Berliner Philharmoniker Web site. More about this later, hopefully.

March 30, 2009
5:02 pm
Olivier Bruchez
Switzerland
Admin
Moderators

Members

Apparently, the tickets won't go on sale before August, so I'll publish a separate post about tickets sale in a few weeks/months. Thanks to Erik P. for the information!

March 31, 2009
7:49 pm
Squishy
Squishy
Members
Forum Posts: 17

awesome.

awesome

awesome

i'll def go there

May 19, 2009
6:02 pm
Olivier Bruchez
Switzerland
Admin
Moderators

Members

Tickets are now available, BTW:

https://www.keithjarrett.org/20.....y-19-2009/

May 23, 2009
12:41 pm
Squishy
Squishy
Members

Front row seats!

May 30, 2009
12:20 am
KJBerlin09
Members
Forum Posts: 6

Squishy said:

Front row seats!

Wow, lucky you! Just received my ticket today, bought it on 5-19, row 7, seat 1 for me...

Can't Wait, so excited!

Breman '73, Cologne '75, Munich '81, Berlin '09? Cool

June 7, 2009
1:37 am
Squishy
Squishy
Members

KJBerlin09 said:

Squishy said:

Front row seats!

Wow, lucky you! Just received my ticket today, bought it on 5-19, row 7, seat 1 for me…

Can't Wait, so excited!

Breman '73, Cologne '75, Munich '81, Berlin '09? Cool

Oh let's hope so….(though I haven't heard munich, just bregenz)..
If there will be "another Koln" I will shit my pants of awesomeness.. however I'm afraid that, stastically speaking, the chances are very slim..

I just hope he doesn't screw it up.. there are quite some concerts that are way too violent for my liking (or just not that good)

August 19, 2009
11:24 am
JuJu
Members
Forum Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

fortunate or unfortunate -I have 4 tickets for the Berlin concert on the 12th, but just need 2 of them -so I am wondering whether I could sell the tickets for a reasonable price in the forum. 

Please get back to me if you know other users who could be interested.

Thank you, JuJu

August 20, 2009
8:23 am
JuJu
Members

Hi folks,

I just wanted to add with regard to my two tickets for the Berlin concerts for sale: I would of course share my contact details and all necessary information with people who are interested -it is not my interest to sell tickets usually but I happen two have 4 tickets now and just need two. I am sure there are still people who would love to attend the concert. Please let me know,

Kind regards,

JuJu

September 4, 2009
4:21 am
jeno
Members

JuJu, I write you in private..

September 11, 2009
10:38 am
Squishy
Squishy
Members

After hearing the BBC interview with keith and after seeing the track list of the latest Paris and London albums I'm very disappointed to realise that keith only does short parts rather than those long parts he used to do..

The thing that makes keith so great is the long pieces that allow you to totally get into the part and requirer your full concentration for 20min+.

Then at the end you snap out of it…

I want to see keith in trance for 30mins! Not 20 parts where he starts over everytime and see if it's any goodFrown

September 11, 2009
2:00 pm
KJBerlin09
Members

Squishy said:

After hearing the BBC interview with keith and after seeing the track list of the latest Paris and London albums I'm very disappointed to realise that keith only does short parts rather than those long parts he used to do..

The thing what makes keith so great is the long pieces that allow you to totally get into the part and requires full concentration for 20min+.

Then at the end you snap out of it…

I want to see keith in trance for 30mins! Not 20 parts where he starts over everytime and see if it's any goodFrown

Yeah, I agree with you totally. I listen to samples from Testament and it sounds a lot like Radiance; which is not one of my favorites. This also means that Berlin '09 most likely will not be a live concert release with the release of Testament.

Maybe he will surprise us in Germany.....Laughing

September 11, 2009
4:48 pm
Squishy
Squishy
Members

Maybe.. but that's also what those going to Brussels, Mantua, Zurich, Strasbourg, etc are hoping for..

September 24, 2009
2:47 am
Fermina
Members
Forum Posts: 1

just saw that there'll be chance to win tickets for the concert in Berlin at Dussmann (Friedrichstr.)  - they'll sell the new album on the release date (2nd of october) from 5pm to 8pm and within five of these cds one ticket will be hidden. maybe a good opportunity to try your luck and to buy the new album? 

sounds complicated? check the website for further details:

http://www.kulturkaufhaus.de/t.....en-karten/

September 27, 2009
8:04 am
KJBerlin09
Members

Will cameras be allowed at the show?

September 27, 2009
9:38 am
Olivier Bruchez
Switzerland
Admin
Moderators

Members

KJBerlin09 said:Will cameras be allowed at the show?

Short answer: no. Wink

October 13, 2009
4:29 am
Squishy
Squishy
Members

Well I just came home from the concert..and what can i say,

Unfortunetely, but not to my surprise, keith played multiple parts instead of long parts like back in the day.
I have to say I was pleased to see there wasn't a lot of chaotic play (like e.g. the beginning of kyoto pt 2)..

However most parts were either blues-style or the slow-easy-love play style lin the style of My Song.

Although beautiful, none of the parts had the power and depth of his older concerts.

In the old concerts, Keith would build up to this moment to end in a wonderful climax, where today he ends the song instead.

Every part kept me waiting and looking for this awesome 5 min climax but alas.

Perhaps my post will make it sound like the concert was rubbish, which it was not.

The 2nd and 3rd parts were nice and (if i recall correctly) the 5th part was really great. Also, keith did a GREAT version of 'My Song'.

The thing is, however, that even though the concert was good, it wasn't keith-good.

Some parts, especially the blues-improves (he did 3) were in my opinion not very special. Especially considering that the 3rd blues part, also the final part of the concert, was very much like the 2nd blues part he did.

I just wished he would go back to his 30min, story-line partsFrown.

October 14, 2009
7:42 pm
KJBerlin09
Members

I was disappointed at the show also....

Personally, I don't mind the shorter parts as long as it is melody oriented such as Radiance Part 8, Carnigie Hall Part 7, Testament London Part 8, etc....

Yeap, Parts 2, 3 and its either 5 or 6 (lost count as audience interruption tainted the show) were about the only highlights of the show. Part 1 had its moments but the explosive endings just weren' there.

In the new CD Testament, KJ mentioned on the cd something like "...stuff I used to like to play, I don't anymore, it sounds mechanical...." IMHO, this stuff he is playing now sounds anything but MECHANICAL.

Even though there wasn't a lot of chaotic play, there wasn't a lot of memorable hummable melodies either.

KJ came out for encores and played about 3-4 of them. Also walked back and forth about 6-7 times just to accept the applauses and feed his own ego. Yell

October 15, 2009
5:52 am
Squishy
Squishy
Members

Yeh , exactly.. it was like : applause, walk backstage, come back, applause, walk backstage, come back, applause, play another blues, applause, back stage...etc.

And this happened 3x!

Anyway the guy who sat next to me said the same thing about the mechenical stuff.. you happen to be from florida?Wink

October 15, 2009
3:27 pm
KJBerlin09
Members

Squishy said:

Yeh , exactly.. it was like : applause, walk backstage, come back, applause, walk backstage, come back, applause, play another blues, applause, back stage...etc.

And this happened 3x!

Anyway the guy who sat next to me said the same thing about the mechenical stuff.. you happen to be from florida?Wink

Hahaha Laugh What a small world and pure coincidence!! Its me....

Funny before we left for the concert, I was going to tell you guys about this forum, but decided not to since it is not a very active forum to begin with.

I have yet to listen to Vienna 2 as I was kinda burned out on his stuff; on my plane ride back to FL, I had Metallica, Goo Goo Dolls, Sponge, Night Ranger, to keep me sane.

Here is the Utube clip on Koln I was telling you about, at the 6.5 minute mark: feature=related If you visit this guys page, he also had a good rendition of Encore from Bremen.

Arrived back on Wednesday night and already is contemplating another trip to Europe, perhaps to Budapest in November, you guys been there? Heard its beautiful and so are the women!

Well, you guys take care and keep me posted about future KJ events. I visit here at least a few times a week...

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: UTC 2

Most Users Ever Online: 292

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Jonny J Jonson: 23

Squishy: 17

bonsaitreehugger: 7

KJBerlin09: 6